Summer Healthcare Experience (SHE), is a week long educational program that runs from July 31 – August 4, 2027. Exploring healthcare careers the SHE program provides firsthand exposure to many opportunities in healthcare.
• Shadow physicians and other health professionals • Get in the action: simulate surgery and endoscopy, learn CPR, get to know role models and mentors • Attend career panels to learn what it takes to make career dreams a reality • Plan, research and present a digestive health awareness project, with guidance from a faculty mentor Preparing for college Daily classes and individualized counseling cover all steps of the college admissions process: • Choosing where to apply, and figuring out how to pay • Perfecting your personal statement • Acing the college interview Upon finishing the program, all participants will receive a certificate of completion and a reference letter for college applications. Up to 35 young women will be selected.
Tuition is $1359 and includes:
- Breakfast and lunch provided daily
- Set of scrubs
- Graduation reception for families
- Certificate of completion and letter of reference
Submit the Program Application, including your transcripts, by May 1, 2017.
Ten full scholarships are available based on merit and financial need. Submit the Program Application (including transcripts) and Scholarship Application (including 2015 and 2016 tax returns) by May 1, 2017.
This is not a residential program, your student will need daily transportation to/from UC Irvine.
Looking for more summer opportunities? Check out 2017 Free and Low Cost Summer College Programs for High School Students.
May We Suggest
- Sign Up for Free Arts Camp at CityStage
- UC Santa Barbara Hosts Sports Industry Academy Summer Program
- Made By Girls Scholarship Available for Digital Media Academy
- Engineering Possibilities in College Camp Open to Middle and High School Students
- USC and Chevron Offers Free The Frontiers of Energy Resources Summer Camp