Columbia University offers a selective,all-expense paid, three-day overnight program designed for high school seniors who are interested in an unique engineering education.The Columbia Engineering Experience runs from October 9 – 11, 2016. All meals, housing and transportation, including travel to and from New York City, will be funded by Columbia.
Applications are due on Wednesday, September 7, 2016. Students selected for the program will be notified on September 21, 2016.
Eligible high school seniors should have:
- Exemplary academic records, particularly in math and science
- Sincere interest in pursuing an engineering education
- Genuine appreciation for the educational value of diversity in all its forms
Selected students will stay with an undergraduate host, experience campus life and meet current students, including student leaders within Engineers Without Borders, the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, the Native American Council, the Society of Women Engineers and many others. They will also participate in comprehensive college admissions and financial aid workshops conducted by members of the Columbia Admissions Committee.
Past attendees have visited Google, Bloomberg, the World Trade Center Transportation Hub and the Columbia University Medical Center. Students can expect to take a behind-the-scenes tour of a leading engineering firm or organization in New York City.
Please email any questions about the Columbia Engineering Experience to
May We Suggest
- HS Seniors Can Explore STEM at Harvey Mudd thru FAST Program
- Save the Date: Voices of Tufts Diversity Experiences
- Free Marymount California University Visit for LA Students
- University of Vermont Offers Travel Scholarships for HS Seniors
- Carnegie Mellon Offers Travel Assistance for Overnight Weekends