Good news for graduating high school seniors (and their parents!), We’ve all been experiencing the crazy sticker shock as the price of a 4-year degree keeps going up. Well, The Tom Joyner Foundation® will alleviate that stress for one lucky student planning to attend an HBCU in the fall of 2016.
Their ‘Full Ride’ scholarship will cover full tuition and offer stipends for up to 10 semesters (for those 5th year seniors), which will pay for on-campus room, board and books.
In order to apply students must:
1) Be a United States Citizen
2) Be current high school seniors attending school in the United States (applicant must be anticipating completion of high school degree in the spring of 2016).
3) Have a minimum high school grade point average of 3.50 (on a 4.00 grade scale, excluding home school studies) and Minimum SAT score of 2100 (combined math essay and verbal score) or ACT score of 30.
4) Have been accepted to an HBCU by July 1, 2016.
5) Demonstrated leadership abilities through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities.
Students can fill out the application here and have their schools mail their transcripts and recommendations to the Foundation at P.O. Box 630495, Irving, TX 75063-0495.
The scholarship application must be postmarked no later than January 15, 2016. Interviews will occur in April 2016.