Hate to say it but summer’s halfway over for LA students and it’s time to start thinking ahead. Here’s a great workshop to help them get ready for the upcoming college application process. On July 31 from 7 – 8 pm, College Application Training will host a free workshop at the Joslyn Community Center in Manhattan Beach for an educational College workshop that will focus on college-bound high school students.
In this workshop, you will learn:
• How to navigate the confusion caused by the recent FAFSA deadline changes
• How to send your child to an expensive private college for less than a state school
• How to pick the right schools that will give you the best financial aid packages
• How the U. S. Department of Education calculates your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and which assets are taken into consideration
• How to create a plan to pay for college in a failing economy without relying on 529 plans, expensive private student loans or raiding your retirement accounts
• How to lower your “out- of- pocket” costs and get the maximum amount of financial aid from each school
• How to increase your college- related tax deductions and tax credits
Go here to register and use RSVP CODE: 73117
Joslyn Community Center-Sunrise Room
1601 N. Valley Dr.
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266