Here’s another scholarship to add to your list. The College JumpStart Scholarship is an annual, merit-based competition — financial need is not considered — that is open to 10th-12th graders, college students and non-traditional students.
The main requirement is that students are committed to going to school and can express their goals for getting a higher education. The first place prize is a $1,000 scholarship to help cover educational expenses. This award can be used at any college or university in the United States.
While the deadline for the competition isn’t until April 15, 2016, don’t wait until the last minute. Students will need to write a personal statement in 250 words or less answering one of the four questions:
(1) What are your educational goals?
(2) How will winning this scholarship help you attain your goals?
(3) Write about a time when “hard work” paid off.
(4) Describe your experience with community service and volunteering and how that has affected you and your outlook.
Additional eligibility requirements include:
1) High school 10th-12th grader, college student or non-traditional student;
2) U.S. citizen or legal resident;
3) Attend or plan to attend an accredited 2-year, 4-year or vocational / trade school in the U.S.
4) Be committed to using education to better their life and that of their family and/or community.