Do you have a student who’s thinking about majoring in art? Maybe you’re on the fence because you’re not exactly sure what the heck they can do with an art degree. Well you can get some questions answered at Center Theatre Group’s (CTG) free College & Career Fair. High school students and their parents are invited to meet with admissions staff from more than 30 colleges, universities and community organizations.
Students and parents will participate in:
- Food truck with free lunch
RSVP to the College and Career Fair and get a free gift upon entry! Email studentbody@
- School & grade
- Which workshops you’d like to attend, if any
Free Workshops—RSVP Required. Sign up for one of more breakout sessions with expert speakers!
- 11am: Paying for College: Learn about the FAFSA (Federal Application for Student Aid), student loans, preparing applications, scholarships, and financial aid in this roundtable session.
- 12:30pm: Working in Los Angeles Theatre: LA’s theatre scene is vibrant and welcoming. Learn more about it (and how to get involved) from local theatre professionals.
- 2pm: College Auditions for Theatre Students: Hear from professors, coaches, and others who sit in on college auditions for theatre programs at a variety of schools.
- 3:30pm: College & Career Options: Do you really need that degree? What’s the difference between a BA and a BFA? What should you major in? Hear from actors and designers about how their educational backgrounds affect their career.
The Fair is open to current high school students, parents, and teachers; workshops are students-only.
Saturday, February 6, 2016
Center Theatre Group Offices at the Music Center Annex
601 W. Temple St., Los Angeles, CA 90012
Free Food Truck 11:30am–12:30pm
Colleges & Organizations Attending:
American Academy of Dramatic Arts
American Musical and Dramatic Academy
Art Center College of Design
Art Institute of California – Hollywood
Azusa Pacific University
California Institute of the Arts (CalArts)
California Lutheran University
California Polytechnic State University, Pomona
California State University, Long Beach
California State University, Los Angeles
California State University, Northridge
East Los Angeles College
Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising (FIDM)
Long Beach City College
Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce/L.A. Cash for College
Los Angeles City College
Los Angeles Valley College
Loyola Marymount University
Music Center Spotlight Awards
Pasadena City College
Pomona College/The Claremont Colleges
San Diego State University
Santa Monica College
University of California, Irvine
University of California, San Diego
University of Southern California
Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts
May We Suggest
- National Portfolio Day Helps Students Get their Work Reviewed by Top Colleges
- Upcoming College Fairs for Visual Arts Colleges and HBCUs
- Check Out Workshop for Parents of Student Athletes
- Otis College Offers Portfolio Prep for High School Students
- CalArts Offer Free Art Classes to High School Students