If you have a teen who will be graduating high school in 2018 or 2019 and is looking for a summer internship, California Science Center offers a paid internship from June 19 – August 4, 2017. The pay starts at $10.50/hr and increases to $12/hr July 1, 2017.
Interns work alongside California Science Center staff to inspire science learning in everyone. Their work may entail working with California Science Center guests, community partners, and other groups of learners. Primary responsibility is to deliver and engage in science activities. Other responsibilities may include supervising children, public speaking, and mentoring other students.
- Available to work five days a week, including at least one weekend day, from June 19- August 4, 2017.
- Must be a currently enrolled high school sophomore or junior (class of 2018 or 2019) with a minimum 2.0 GPA.
- Ability to follow directions and be a team player.
- Ability to work independently and with little supervision.
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude and strong work ethic.
- Eagerness to learn, help others learn, and willing to contribute creative ideas.
Deadline to apply is May 16, 2017 at 5 pm. The application communityteenapp-summer2017 will need to be mailed, dropped off or emailed to the
California Science Center Foundation
700 Exposition Park Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90037
(213) 744-7444 Fax: (213) 744-2052