Through their Community Arts Partnership (CAP), Cal Arts is offering a DIY Publishing course that includes writing and digital photography. The free 10-week program is for high school students interested in creating zines, newspapers or books that relate to their experiences and their communities.
Topics and layout design will be decided upon collectively and through a series of writing and photography exercises, students will incorporate the exploration of local community issues into their artwork. CalArts Photography and Writing professors teach the program, with the assistance of CalArts Student Instructors.
The class runs on Wednesdays from February 10 through April 27, 2016, 5 – 7 pm. Registration is open on a first-come, first served basis. Classes will take place at Self Help Graphics & Art, 1300 East First Street, Boyle Heights, CA 90033.
May We Suggest
- National Portfolio Day Helps Students Get their Work Reviewed by Top Colleges
- Upcoming College Fairs for Visual Arts Colleges and HBCUs
- Check Out Workshop for Parents of Student Athletes
- Otis College Offers Portfolio Prep for High School Students
- Your Student Could Win $250k Breakthrough Junior Challenge Scholarship