It can not be overstated, STEM careers are hot and there are plenty of scholarships to help facilitate a degree in that field! The Buick Achievers Scholarship Program is one of them and rewards students up to $100,000 over four years. Students must be interested in fields of study related to science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
Funds are distributed up to $25,000 per year for 50 first-time freshmen or existing college students and are renewable for up to four years and one additional year for those entering a qualified five-year engineering program.
Deadline to apply is 5 p.m. EST on February 29, 2016.
In order to be considered eligible, applicants must:
• Be high school seniors, high school graduates, or current postsecondary undergraduate students.
• Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited four-year college or university based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico for the entire 2016-17 academic year. Proprietary and online schools are not eligible.
• Plan to major in a specified course of study that focuses on Engineering, Technology, Design or other programs of study related to the automotive industry. See the list of eligible majors.
• Demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in the automotive or related industries using these areas of study.
• Be U.S. citizens and have permanent residence in the United States or Puerto Rico.
Scholarship recipients are selected based on academic achievement and financial need, and participation and leadership in community and school activities, work experience and interest in pursuing a career in the automotive or related industries. They will give special consideration to the following first-generation college attendees, females, minorities, military veterans and dependents of military personnel.